Already know how to write Python classes and methods? Then you're ready to dig into Python's object-oriented capabilities, striking at the heart of the language.
In this course, I teach you all about Python's objects, going deeper than most courses. In particular, I show you:
- The many "magic methods" that you can write, including for operator overloading
- The context manager protocol, and how you use make your objects behave in a "with" statement
- How to write and use properties
- The descriptor protocol, and how it explains how methods differ from functions
- Metaclasses — what they are, and how to (and not to) use them
I walk you through all of this in more than hours of video, spread across 75 separate videos. I also ensure that you check your knowledge with numerous exercises.
If you want to take your Python to the next level, doing more with less code, then this course is for you.