Learn how to write Pythonic code, via 50 battle-tested exercises.
Plus, in this package, I add:
- 50 videos (more than 4 hours of video!) in which I solve the exercises
- Solutions (in separate files) for Python 2 and 3
You’ve learned the basics of Python, and you’re able to use it in your day-to-day work. But if you’re still going to Stack Overflow and Google several times each day, you aren’t yet fluent.
“Practice Makes Python” is an ebook designed to help you gain that fluency. By solving its 50 exercises, you’ll become more familiar with the Python language, with its data types, and with the “Pythonic” way of thinking.
This book is not an introduction to Python. Think of it as the bridge between a class (or book) and actual day-to-day use of Python in your job.
What you’ll learn
After you read — and work through — Practice Makes Python, you’ll have a much better working knowledge and understanding of:
- How to work with the basic sequence types — strings, lists, and tuples
- How to work with dictionaries in a variety of ways
- How (and why) to use sets
- How to read from (and write to) JSON and CSV files
- How to use list, set, and dict comprehensions in your programs
- How to create your own classes
- How to create and use iterators and generator functions
The learning in this book doesn’t come from reading. The learning comes from doing. After working through each exercise, you can read the printed solution and explanation — or you can watch a video, in which I solve the exercise piece by piece, as I do with my in-person courses.
Who it’s for
This book is for:
- Developers who have taken a Python course (or read a book), and want to practice what they have learned
- Developers experience with another language who understand Python’s syntax, but want their code to be more “Pythonic”
- Python developers who want to be more valuable to their current employer (and be more attractive to future employers)
In short: If you want to be able to do your work with fewer visits to Google and Stack Overflow each day, then this book
Get a free sample
Not sure if the book is for you? Just sign up here to get five sample exercises
from “Practice Makes Python.” I’m sure that you’ll love the exercises so much that you’ll want to get the other 45 in the book.
I’m sure that you’ll love Practice Makes Python, and that it’ll make you a better developer. If not, then just let me know, and I’ll refund your money.
Are you a student? I was, for a very long time
, and I know what it’s like to live on a limited budget. I’m happy to provide you with a coupon code that’ll give you a hefty discount on the book. Just e-mail me at email@example.com
, and I’ll send it to you.